Sunday, June 1, 2014

Inspiration for Collin's Big Kid Room & My 100th Blog post

Today, I am posting my 100th Blog Post! YAY!
Time sure flies. I just started posting late this fall when I decided to finally take the leap into blogging. I wish I had more time to dedicate to writing, re-designing and trying new things for my blog...but there just isn't time lately with working full time, raising children, housework, life, etc. But, I love writing when I can and who knows, someday I might just have time to write more!!

Onto more exciting things... I am planning to redo my son's room this summer. He is turning 6 years old this coming Saturday and has been asking for a "Big Kid" room update.


Here is my inspiration for his "Big Kid" room
Emily at Jones Design Company is one of my FAVORITE bloggers to follow. Her style is so similar to mine, I just LOVE seeing her ideas!

My goals for Collin's "Big Kid" room
1. Be light & bright
2. Outdoor/camping/rustic theme
3. Have an area where he can relax & read



All images above via Emily @ Jones Design  {Click here to find more}


I also like these Zinc letters that I am hoping to DIY myself...

Rustic shelves would be a great space for books & fill the outdoors/rustic theme. Hoping to DIY this project as well, with the help of my husband!


I definitely want to put an old paddle above the window!

Adding a map or even several to the wall would be fun as well!


This would be a fun touch as well above his bed, with the letter C


I am still in thinking & planning mode, but I finally feel like I am in the direction I want to go with the room. I am hoping in the next month or so to start working! First up, painting!

Thanks for stopping by & I would love to hear about your boys rooms in the comments below!

Choose Happy!
~Becky

2 comments :

  1. I love the paddle idea for a curtain rod. My son has a baseball room and I still want to make him a table with 3 baseball bats but I haven't gotten around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea Twiggle Mommy!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

09 10